Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 1 4

I got the message No handlers could be found for logger "pyeikon" after I set the app id. Is it right?

I just set the app id calling the function set_app_id(). and I got the message No handlers could be found for logger "pyeikon". What does it mean?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@yuanjie1019sjtu
Are you running Eikon on the same machine where you're executing your Python scripts?
You may want to check out the following thread, which starts with the symptoms identical to the ones you mentioned.
https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/25016/missingschema-invalid-url-none-no-schema-supplied.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4 0 0 4

I think you'd better paste your source code and log.

icon clock
10 |1500

import eikon as ek
TR_ID = ''
a = ek.set_app_id(TR_ID)
print a

Then I got the result as below

Upvotes
4 0 0 4

I guess it can't print the handler. But I can print the handler, simply printing a 'None', with eikon version of 4.0.43166.

Can you download data? If downloading is fine, I guess we don't have to print the handler.

icon clock
10 |1500

import eikon as ek
TR_ID = ''
ek.set_app_id(TR_ID)
df = ek.get_timeseries(["MSFT.O"],
                       start_date="2016-01-01",
                       end_date="2016-01-10")<br>

Downloading is also problematic.

Upvotes
5 1 2 5

@yuanjie1019sjtu

Did you find a solution to this? If yes, could you please share it? I have the same problem. I tried first Ubuntu 16.04 and then Windows 8, but I have the same exact error as yours on both systems, no matter what kind of data I ask eikon. Thanks!

sameerrors.png (18.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

@mtinatin
I'm guessing you're not running Eikon on the same machine where you're running your Python scripts. This API has runtime dependency on Eikon API Proxy and requires Eikon credentials. See the first paragraph of the Quick Start Guide.
https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-data-apis/quick-start
If you're not subscribing to Eikon and would like to start a subscription or explore the options, please contact Thomson Reuters sales team by either calling Thomson Reuters office in your country or by following the link below:
https://financial.thomsonreuters.com/en/contact-sales.html

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.