Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
24 8 7 11

get more data field on tick data of ek.get_timeseries()?

Hi,

I am using

ek.get_timeseries(['AAPL.O'],interval='tick',start_date='2018-05-08T13:35:01',end_date='2018-05-08T13:40:01')

which will return every trade with price and volume, is there way to get more data field for each trade, say exchange code or condition code?

Thanks a lot.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apitime-seriesexchange-codes
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Not today. At the moment the only two APIs that can provide the full breadth of price history timeseries data available through RHistory Excel function are RHistory COM library, which can only be used in Excel VBA, and Eikon .NET API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bummer. But thank you still for the quick reply, Alex.

Hi Alex,

I encountered some inconsistency issue with tick time series,

ek.get_timeseries(['URBN.O'],interval='tick',start_date='2018-05-16T14:45:01',end_date='2018-05-16T14:50:01') contains a trade:

2018-05-16 14:48:09.984 41.700 126900.0

But this does not appear in the Eikon Desktop Time&Sales App. Also there are other trades that appears in Time&Sales App but not in the results of ek.get_timeseries. I wonder what is the criterion for selection of trades(odd lot, block trade, etc) returned by the api?

Time & Sales app by default filters out certain trade flags. If you clear all filters in the Trade Flags column you'll see this trade displayed in Time & Sales app.
As for trades visible in Time & Sales app but not returned by get_timeseries method, I don't see any examples of that. Can you point me to one?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.