Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 5 2 7

RIC name from chaincode error ,ask for help

Hello, thanks to chain_code, I can get RIC name through a very easy way .Bellow is an example

dl,e=ek.get_data('0#.HSI',["DSPLY_NAME"])
dl

and the result is

but when I try the "0#.KS200", there is no data

dl,e=ek.get_data('0#.KS200',["DSPLY_NAME"])
dl

anyone knows about it?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apichain-ric
hsi.png (66.7 KiB)
kospi.png (25.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

Using real-time chains with the beta api is somewhat troublesome, I suggest you do this:

df, e = tr.get_data(['.KS200'], ['TR.IndexConstituentRIC', 'TR.IndexConstituentName'])
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yes, It works. The problem is how can I get fields like

'TR.IndexConstituentRIC', 'TR.IndexConstituentName'

is there a dictionary for checking?

fields like [DSPLY_NAME]

I can get this field through F4, type the RIC ,

can you help to tell me how to get ['TR.IndexConstituentRIC', 'TR.IndexConstituentName']?

field.jpg (34.5 KiB)

@wyj
You need to use Formula Builder wizard in Eikon Excel or Data Item Browser app in Eikon. See the following tutorial on this portal, which talks at length about metadata discovery (how to find field names and parameters).
https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-data-apis/learning?content=14707&type=learning_material_item

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.