For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 2 5 7

No Market Price data in canned data

I was using the amersCannedData and emeaCannedData for replay of data. But I can't get any MARKET_PRICE data from the data replay. I'm getting MARKET_BY_ORDER and MARKET_BY_PRICE but no MARKET_PRICE. I'm testing with emeaCannedData and symbol LLOY.L.

consumer.registerClient( ReqMsg().serviceName( "DIRECT_FEED" ).name( "LLOY.L" ), client );

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
36 2 5 7

Not sure what the issue was but the market price is coming now. My guess would be the marketprice was coming before but I was not flushing the output buffer. Thanks for the help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

@sgan208: Where did you get the canned data from, and what application are you using to replay it back?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

I tried getting MarketPrice data for AMZN.O and was successful. Similarly, CAD=N worked too for amersCannedData file.

Running consumer - Host: localhost:14002, Service: DIRECT_FEED, User: user1, RIC: AMZN.O

Jun 06, 2018 11:48:10 AM com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ChannelCallbackClient reactorChannelEventCallback
INFO: loggerMsg
    ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient
    Severity: Info
    Text:    Received ChannelUp event on channel Channel_1
        Instance Name Consumer_1_1
        Component Version upa7.6.0.L1.win.rrg 64-bit Static
loggerMsgEnd

Item Name: AMZN.O
Service Name: DIRECT_FEED
Item State: Open / Ok / None / 'All is well'
PROD_PERM(1): 74
RDNDISPLAY(2): 66
DSPLY_NAME(3): AMAZON COM
RDN_EXCHID(4): 0
TRDPRC_1(6): 1165.261
TRDPRC_2(7): 1165.1955
TRDPRC_3(8): 1165.19<br>.
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@sgan208

The canned data you are using support MarketPrice for RIC LLOY.L, I guess that original issue that you did not get the data occurs due to EMA has to download data dictionary from the server but sink_driven_source cannot provide data dict.

Please make sure that you modify EMA configuration file to use local data dictionary before testing with EMA example. It mentioned in this article .

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.