Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 5 4 5

Some Rics don't give price data

Hi, i'm trying to get PriceClose data from a long list of RICs. Using get_data for almost all of them works fine but i need this to work on everyone. Using get_timeseries returns some information, but if specify the field as "CLOSE" it doesnt return anything.

Any thoughts?

Please use the RIC LP60052678 to reproduce.

Thanks!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiricspricing
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@pchauveau
The best resource for content search and explanation questions such as for instance what fields you can use to obtain pricing history for a given instrument is Thomson Reuters Helpdesk, which you can reach by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country or by using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.
For this fund you can use TR.NETASSETVAL field in get_data method to obtain the net asset value history. Alternatively you can use get_timeseries method with the field name "VALUE".

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Alex. I know that Eikon has this data (i can see it in the app). I asked for this in the helpdesk and they sent me here.. so, where should i ask? D:

Moderators on this forum are experts in TR APIs, their capabilities and functions. The moderators don't have expertise in all aspects of the mountains of various content that TR products provide. This latter expertise is accessible through TR Helpdesk. Your question spans both domains in a way. Whether you post it here or direct it to the Helpdesk you'll get the answer. But if your question is about content and you formulate it as a content question (e.g. which field can I use to retrieve price history for LP60052678 RIC?) then you'll get the answer faster by contacting the Helpdesk.

I see, thanks for your clarification!

Conversely if your question is about API (e.g. which method can I use to retrieve price history into my Python script) then you'll get the answer faster by posting it on this forum. I appreciate it's not always clear how to differentiate content from API capabilities. This is one reason why you can use either channel to direct your query to and we may redirect your query based on our interpretation of the query. Sometimes we may also misinterpret the query, we're all humans. Anyway, have I answered your question? Did you get what you were looking for? Or do you need further assistance?

You have been a great help! :D

Upvotes
41 0 0 1

Hello @pchauveau, I would like to bring the DIB to your attention.

Just type DIB in your EIKON toolbar search and the Data Item Browser will be visible.

Here I removed realtime fields and values ( for compliance ). KR Norbert

developers.jpg (167.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

That's a great tool! Thanks!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.