Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Using Python api to get adjusted price of multiple stocks

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve data from Eikon using Python api

my code is :

data, error=ek.get_data(x, ['TR.PriceClose.Date', 'TR.PriceClose'], parameters={"Adjusted":"1",'SDate':sDate, 'EDate':eDate,"Frq":"D", "curn":"USD"})

table = pd.pivot_table(data, index='Date', columns='Instrument',values='Price Close')

/

After this, I got the full history prices of different stocks. But I compared this table to Yahoo finance 's adjusted price and it seems like Eikon is giving me 'unadjusted price' only.

Could you help me with this? I don't know what have gone wrong :(

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@brunchpotatoes

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@brunchpotatoes

Hello,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@brunchpotatoes
"Adjusted":"1" is not a valid parameter for TR.PriceClose field. This said TR.PriceClose field always returns adjusted stock prices. However what capital events are considered for stock price history adjustment differs by market. As @claudiu mentioned for most markets regular cash dividends are excluded from stock price adjustment, which is the methodology most prevalent in market data industry and followed by most market data sources (exchanges) and aggregators like Thomson Reuters. For a bit more color on the subject see this thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
104 8 10 13

afaik Eikon does not provide dividend adjusted prices. The only adjustment done is for splits. I have an old request to add support for dividend adjustments, no luck so far....

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.