question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 1 2

Using Vessel Built year in RSeach query

Hi

I am using RSearch api in C# to retrieve vessel IDs by their type, their size and year of built.

For search criteria, I am using the following query.

RCSAssetTypeGenealogy:'F:30' DWT:0 Built:1975

However, it does not recognise Built as valid search field. I Also tried AssetBuilt, TR.AssetBuilt and RCSAssetBuilt, i still get same issue.

Could anyone please let me know how to use year of built in search criteria in RSearch?

Thanks

eikoneikon-com-apic#vessel
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

As far as I can see 'year built' is not available as a criteria for the vessel search. In other words there's no way to search for vessels by the year built. You can see the list of search criteria available in the GUI provided by SRCH app in Eikon or in the wizard behind the Search button in Thomson Reuters ribbon in Eikon Excel.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 2 1 2

Thanks Alex, what about speed? I am trying to use speed as search criteria, which returns no result, whereas there is data. I would like to narrow down the result by a few parameter to get the result below 2000 row limit...

thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

I have no problem using speed as criteria. I just tried this:
.AssetClass = "PHYSICALASSET"
.SearchCriteria = "RCSAssetTypeGenealogy:'F:K' LocationSpeed:>18.00 DWT:>10000"
which translates into search for all vessels with the speed greater than 18 and dead weight tonnage greater than 10,000. This search resulted in 1001 vessel.

You can see the list of criteria available following the Search wizard behind the Search button in Thomson Reuters ribbon in Eikon Excel. Following this wizard you can insert =RSearch worksheet function into Excel, which mimics the behavior of RSearch COM library. You can copy & paste the search criteria that Search wizard inserts for =RSearch worksheet function into your code using RSearch COM library.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.