Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 0 1 3

Can I retrieve the P/E and Auditor datapoint of a Fund (Unit Trust) in Excel using the API?

@bogdan.pop

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapieikon-com-apiexcelpricing
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

It is possible to retrieve data shown in the Aggregates report straight into Excel. For an example in the Aggregates Report app click the dropdown next to Excel icon in the top right corner of the app window and select Export All as Formulas.

Alternatively use "Aggregates with TRAggregate" template spreadsheet you can find by clicking the Templates button in Thomson Reuters ribbon in Eikon Excel. Also check out the Help for TRAggregate function in Eikon Excel.
I don't believe it's possible to retrieve fund auditor name available in Fund Screener app into Excel using a worksheet function. However you may want to verify this with Thomson Reuters Helpdesk.

aggregates.png (85.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Once you export, in the control tab you have something like the below:

SCREEN(U(IN(I(148967794))))

the ID in the last bracket corresponds to the ID of the Fund you're looking to get data for. As I want to adapt the excel to get the data for multiple funds at once, I need this specific fund ID for each.

Thus, is there a way to get the ID in bracket above, with the API in excel looking by Eikon RIC or fund ISIN?

Thanks

Bogdan

This question like others related to using Eikon Excel worksheet functions and GUI (as opposed to programmatic data retrieval through APIs) is best directed to Thomson Reuters Helpdesk. I opened case #06934297 on your behalf with the Helpdesk. You will be contacted by the Helpdesk agent who will take the ownership of the case.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

If you know that this data exists in Eikon, then could you please provide a screenshot of where you see it. If you don't know whether this data is available in Eikon, then the best resource for generic content questions such as this one is Thomson Reuters Helpdesk, which you can reach by calling the Helpdesk number in your country or by using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2 0 1 3

The Auditor name can be pull up using the "FSCREEN" app in Eikon.

1. In the Eikon Global Search box, type in "FSCREEN" and hit enter.
2. Click 'List" and then click the drop-down arrow and click Create New List
3. In the List Editor, click the drop-down arrow and select "Symbol". Now you can type symbols in the field and then click search.
4. Tick the box of the corresponding fund and click "Add" and then click OK.
5. Click "generate report" and click add column. In the Column Manager, type Auditor in the filter. Tick the box for Auditor Name and then click Add and OK.

what I'd like to know is if there is a way to get this info in Excel directly using the API.

and on a different note, I'd like to know if there is a way to get the P/E ratio of the fund (which you can see in the Aggregates Report app in Eikon) in Excel, using the API.

ideally, I'd want to have columns for all Trailing Valuation, Forward Valuation and Fundamental Ratios date, one after the other in excel, using the API.

Thanks

Bogdan

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.