question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 6 9

RFA .NET MMT_MARKET_PRICE subscription field filtering

Hi Team,

When I subscribe to a ric code, it returns all fields and changes of any fields to me, is there any way for me to define what fields I want to subscribe to minimize the number of update events?

Thanks very much.

Cheers,

Juno

treprfarfa-apiconfiguration
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@Juno Chan

RFA OMM interface has Dynamic View feature which support the requirement. But the TREP server or Provider has to support the View feature. Please check with Thomson Reuters representative to confirm that your server support the feature.

Basically a Dynamic View allows a consumer application to specify a subset of data content that it is interested in. A providing application can choose to supply only this requested subset of content across all Response Messages.

The View feature is intended to increase the consumer performance in two ways:

• by reducing bandwidth usage through reducing the field list or element list size per Response Message
  • by reducing decoding time in the client application through reducing the number of entries per field list or element list.

You can find more details in RFA.NET Developer guidee section Dynamic View. We also provide StarterConsumer_BatchView example which demonstrate the API usage under Examples folder. We also provide article about this feature and you can find it here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @moragodkrit,

Thanks for the link, I have followed the link's sample code, try to add 1 field into the view, and then add it to the attribute info of the original request message

However, I received the below error message a while after subscribing

"Item Request Timeout"

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks very much.

Cheers,

Juno

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@Juno Chan

Please set the view to Request Message Payload(reqMsg.Payload = elementList;), not the Attribute Info.

Please see full sample codes in StarterConsumer_BatchView method SendItemRequest.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @moragodkrit

Thanks for pointing it out, unfortunately,I can only find the starterconsumer tutorial from the developer community, would you mind pointing me to the right example if I am wrong?

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/thomson-reuters-enterprise-platform/open-data-access-control-system-api-1/learning?content=3016&type=learning_material_item

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@Juno Chan
I'm not sure why you use example from Open DACS API section. The section you mentioned is for OpenDACS API product and it just use one of RFA.NET example from RFA.NET package to run the OpenDACS.NET tutorial. If you already have StarterConsumer you can just change your codes to set the view to request message rather than set it to Attribute Info

For StarterConsumer_BatchView, Do you have full RFA.NET package? And what version of RFA.NET you are using?

Basically TRDC named user can download RFA.NET full package from this link. Latest version is 8.1 and we are no longer support RFA.NET 7.x.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @moragodkrit

Sorry, I thought its an example in the tutorial page, I got it from the RFA zip file now. And I am now able to subscribe to a set of fields.

Thanks very much.

Cheers,

Juno

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.