question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

gRTCOMInterface.ProcessRequestTable hangs up

Hi, I'm using VBA to automate executing multiple Datastream Request Tables iteratively. It seems that each request table calls gRTCOMInterface.ProcessRequestTable to fetch the data from datastream servers. However, I noticed that after a couple of requests, this method gets hung up and the data retrieval process never completes.

Unfortunately, this leades to the fact that all subsequent code in my macro which was supposed to be executed, after the retrieval is complete, never gets executed and I need to restart Excel.

I was therefore wondering:

1. Is there a way to implement a time-out around gRTCOMInterface.ProcessRequestTable such that after say 15 minutes elapse, gRTCOMInterface.ProcessRequestTable is automatically aborted?

2. Is there a way to see what's going on behind the scenes in gRTCOMInterface.ProcessRequestTable so that I can implement some error-handling on my own?

Thanks!

datastream-apidsws-apivbadatastream-for-office
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @rajat.agarwal,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @rajat.agarwal,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi. I have a question about how you achieve it. I suppose that you use VBA to automatically fill in the Request Table and call gRTCOMInterface.ProcessRequestTable to retrieve the data into a specific workbook and then automatically save that workbook, right? Thanks.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
446 2 2 2

Hi rajat.agarwal

This forum is for the use of the API service - rather than request tables, questions on those should be directed to the helpdesk. However, I have looked into your request and have a few points.

We typically do not expose the code behind ProcessRequestTable command and its not something we support. I have found that there are examples in the template library such (as Datastream Historical Constituents.xlsm) – where the output from a Request Table is manipulated after the data has been downloaded - you may wish to look at these.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.