Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 4

What's the maximum number of fetches in a single excel file?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiexcel
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @zdan

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@zdan

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

There's no defined limit after which you will receive an error message saying you've exhausted your quota of =TR functions. This however does not mean you can expect to reliably retrieve unlimited amounts of data. As you increase your data consumption at some point something somewhere will become and bottleneck and you will start seeing some sort of unexpected behavior. It's impossible to say at what point this will happen and what exact symptoms you will experience, as there are way too many variables in play. Think of it this way. There's no defined limit on the number of tabs you can open in Chrome browser. But this doesn't mean you can expect to be able to open 5 million of them. When no limit is defined there's always a practical limit of sorts.
It is generally, albeit not universally, more efficient to use a single instance of =TR function for multiple securities and fields over a separate instance of the function for each security/field pair.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

I don't think I understand the question. Would you care to elaborate? It would be very helpful if you could describe your use case in detail and what challenges you're facing and trying to solve.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 2 2 4

Sure, I aggregating Thomson data in excel, using queries like: '=TR("',securityname,'",','"TR.Whatever")'

I do this for multiple securities and many different factors. I do this instead of using the screen + metrics -> export because I use a lot of metrics and this gives me more control. So, I construct these excel files then populate them with the Thomson excel plugin. I want to know how many of these queries I can use in a single excel file.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.