question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 1

How to desactivate Datastream auto calculation in VBA ?

Hi,

I made a macro that write several =DSGrid formulas in a worksheet. By default, each formula is auto evaluated as soon as it is entered so that the datastream update popup does not stop to appear, disappear, appear, disappear, etc, etc...

To avoid that I would like to desactivate auto calculation.

I know how to do with Excel Datastream ribbon (Section "Manage Requests" -> Button "Refresh Data" -> "Auto Calculation") but is it possible to do it in VBA ? Then I use Application.Run "PLRefreshWorkbookEventHandler" to refresh all formulas at once.

eikon-com-apidatastream-apidsws-apivba
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@NICOLAS.BARUSSAUD

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
446 2 2 2

Hi NICOLAS.BARUSSAUD

This forum is for the DSWS API service not the excel add in, i would recommend in speaking to the help desk directly in future. However I am aware there are a set of commands to refresh the DSGRID formulas – so if you have auto-calculation always set to off – you can then use these to control when the formulas are refreshed. More info on the doc attached.datastream-dfo-vba-commands-vs4.pdf

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.