For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
19 7 10 9

EMA Java : -Nameless message with Batch subscription.

@nick.zincone.1,

NameLessMessage :- We are making snapshot subscription. So all the messages are recieved as part of "Refresh" message or "Status" message callback.

Suppose i made a batch request for "RIC1", i will receive a "Status" msg where message does not have any name and msg.hasName will be "false" followed by the expected "RefreshMsg". I am calling them nameless as they do not have name with them. This can be seen with EMA Batch example "example370_MarketPrice_Batch". Please find below code for the same where i was referring : -

public void onRefreshMsg(RefreshMsg refreshMsg, OmmConsumerEvent event) { System.out.println("Item Name: " + (refreshMsg.hasName() ? refreshMsg.name() : "<not set>")); System.out.println("Service Name: " + (refreshMsg.hasServiceName() ? refreshMsg.serviceName() : "<not set>"));

System.out.println("Item State: " + refreshMsg.state());

if (DataType.DataTypes.FIELD_LIST == refreshMsg.payload().dataType()) decode(refreshMsg.payload().fieldList());

System.out.println(); }

public void onStatusMsg(StatusMsg statusMsg, OmmConsumerEvent event) { System.out.println("Item Name: " + (statusMsg.hasName() ? statusMsg.name() : "<not set>")); System.out.println("Service Name: " + (statusMsg.hasServiceName() ? statusMsg.serviceName() : "<not set>")); if (statusMsg.hasState()) System.out.println("Item State: " +statusMsg.state());

System.out.println(); }

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkbatch
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @gaurav.mahajan,

Could you provide the information requested by Gurpreet below?

Hello @gaurav.mahajan

Could you provide the information requested by Gurpreet below?

@gaurav.mahajan
Since we haven't received the info we requested to assist you further in understanding the issue you experienced, I remove this thread from the moderators watchlist by accepting the answer @nick.zincone.1 provided. If you need further help with this or any other issue, please start a new thread.

Upvotes
Accepted
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @gaurav.mahajan,

I just ran the "example370_MarketPrice_Batch" application as you suggested. I've included the output I'm receiving below where it shows the refresh message containing the name 'TRI.N'.

Are you referring to the initial status message received from the infrastructure after you sent the batch request? Is this the nameless message?

If so, this is normal and expected. It is simply an acknowledge the batch was received. The ADS will process the batch and will attempt to open a series of new requests on your behalf and respond with either a Refresh or Status. It is these subsequent refresh and status messages you should always see a name.

ahs.png (162.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
19 7 10 9

Thanks @nick.zincone.1! But this is noticable for Subsequent messages also.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22.1k 59 14 21

@gaurav.mahajan Can you please attach the complete output log from the "example370_MarketPrice_Batch" sample and highlight what you think is a nameless message in the updates.

Later on, we might also request you to turn on the OMM message logging for your application.

<XmlTraceToStdout value="1"/>
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.