question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 1 0 2

Can't access Datastream from python

I want to use Datastream in python, I get an error message when I try to log in using the credentials below.

DWE =  Datastream(username="%$#%#$", password="%$#%$#") 

DWE.system_info() 

DWE.sources()
URLError: <urlopen error [WinError10061] No connection could be made because the 
target machine actively refused it>

I have successfully imported pydatastream etc.

pythondatastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@dc4311ab-5c79-4f5d-8026-dc5bb605df55, thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Hello @dc4311ab-5c79-4f5d-8026-dc5bb605df55

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@dc4311ab-5c79-4f5d-8026-dc5bb605df55
Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
1.1k 3 3 3

@dc4311ab-5c79-4f5d-8026-dc5bb605df55

Based on above example you are not using DSWS (Datastream Web Service) but instead DWE (Dataworks Enterprise), which is not compatible with Python 3.6 and above. There is a document on the DSWS page providing overview on how to convert DWE request to DSWS: document https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/sites/default/files/Converting%20DWE%20to%20DSWS.pdf

If you don't have DSWS access I would advise to contact your Refinitiv representative.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.