Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
45 4 3 9

How do I get the currency of an instrument using Eikon API

Hi,

Is it possible to get the currency of an instrument using Eikon API

If I was using Exel the field is CF_CURR, but am I limited to only TR. fields when using the API ?

Thanks,

Fergal

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apic#forex
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @fergal.twomey you can use non TR. fields as well - see below:

RICS = ['VOD.L']
fields = ['CF_CURR']
df,err = ek.get_data(RICS,fields)
df
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Exchange is 'CF_EXCHNG' and regarding country there are a number of options - have you used the Data Item Browser? (type DIB into the Eikon Search bar) - you can look at all the fields available by searching on a keyword such as exchange or country etc. Its a really excellent data discovery tool. Note you can also check available parameters and if you type in an instrument you can also get the values to zero in exactly on which field you want.

Thank you - that helped.

I was passing sedol or ISIN as the instrument and it was not returning CF_CURR, but once I used ticker symbol it worked. Thank you.

What about Exchange and MSCI Country filed ?

Is it possible to get this data too ?

Thank you !

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.