Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 5 4 5

400 Error on price query

Hi, i normally run a query every day asking for closing prices (about 100 of them). Sometimes i would get an 400 Error but re-running the query solved the issue. Today however, i can't get passed this 400 error. Is there an issue with the server?

The query i run is:

ek.get_data(price, ['TR.PriceClose.Date', 'TR.PriceClose', 'TR.NETASSETVAL.Date', 'TR.NETASSETVAL'])

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-400
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@pchauveau could you give a RIC example please?

Hi Zhenya, after waiting several of hours it worked again. Do you have any idea why this error could appear (and disappear) out of nowhere?

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@pchauveau according to the documentation

When a request fails because the platform is overwhelmed, an HTTP response with status code 400 and the message "Backend error. 400 Bad Request" is returned. Then the Python library raises an EikonError exception with the following message: Error code 400 | Backend error. 400 bad request 

I will request additional info on that, it is not too clear.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the info, i'll wait for the details.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.