For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 3 3

Most cost effective way to figure out a primary RIC from an ISIN (or other identifier)

What is the best way to figure out the primary RIC when I have some other identifier - like ISIN, etc? I found this article https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/article/isin%C2%A0-ric-conversion%C2%A0-dss-datascope-select-rest-api

and was able to get what I need by doing a terms and conditions on demand extraction. But from what I understand, my firm will be charged for these requests and I'm not 100% clear on how much.

I also found, through a different API, that there is a search that can be done, using SearchContext and EquitySearch. This API returns back quicker than the extraction, but it gives me a list of all RICs for the company - i.e. every exchange it trades on, and I'm not clear if there is a way to distinguish which RIC is the primary.

Is there a way to get the primary RIC using SearchContext, and does this also incur a charge on my account?

Is there any other way to accomplish what I need? I thought I remember hearing about some sort of open symbology for TR customers to use, but wasn't able to find anything about this.

Thanks..

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssrics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@waynes

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
648 5 4 6

@waynes

Equity search is most generic search available and scattered to multiple results. Unless you know the primary exchange code there is no way that you can primary trading ric.

I recommend you use Terms & Conditions web services and you can pass any instrument to identify primary trading RIC (field name on DSS/T&C is "Primary Trading RIC").

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 3 3 3

Thank you for the reply. What about using the OpenPerm API? It seems if I pass in a ticker and a MIC, I can get a RIC back. Is this method also reliable? Is there anything to beware of when using this?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
648 5 4 6

@waynes

Yes, OpenPermID is also reliable and you can explore more mix and match to identify the Prumary Trading RIC

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.