Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 3

How to use python to connect eikon data api from remote server via websocket

I try to connect data api from my pc to remote server via websocket but still error

TimeoutError: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

Hi I @warayu,

The Eikon Data API does not presently support streaming services. If you are simply trying to use Python to connect to your ADS, you can post a separate question within the forums if you have any issues. To ensure you have an ADS supporting Websocket services, you can use the Quick Start Guide to ensure connectivity.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@nick.zincone.1 I try to test connect with websocket api but in still connecting for a long time, it's means ADS not support?

Upvotes
17k 80 39 63

@warayu,

Ensure you refer to the troubleshooting section within the quick start I linked above. If you believe you have all the proper connection details, then you will need to reach out to your market data team to verify you have the correct version of the ADS (as outlined in the quick start) and the correct server connection details with them.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.