For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 2

issues with installing Elektron-SDK-1.3.0.L1.linux

Hello,

I am trying to install Elektron-SDK-1.3.0 on my machine running centos 7.6.

But after downloading the zip file, Elektron-SDK-1.3.0.L1.linux_0.zip, and running the command "cmake3 -HElektron-SDK-1.3.0.L1.linux.rrg -Bbuild-esdk", I got the error messages below.

What have I missed? Please help!

Ken Wu

PS. I also attach the CMakeOutput.log(cmakeoutputlog.txt) for your reference.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdksetup
cmakeoutputlog.txt (38.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@wu_tzuchiang

First of all please make sure that the ESDK1.3 package you download is not corrupt.

-Can you build the previous version of the ESDK on the Linux machine previously?
-What version of Cmake you are using?

I just tested the issue by setting up a new CentOS7.6 and then install the latest version of CMake 3.14 with gcc-c++ 4.8 and then upload ESDK1.3.0 package to the Linux machine. I can run your command to generate make file and I can build it without the issue.

I notice that your output contains an incorrect path and it's "LIN3_64_GCC485". I suspect that there might be some issue which causes invalid linux name "LIN3" in CMake script.

As far as I remember I have to install redhat-lsb-core on CentOS, otherwise it fails to generate make file because some CMake seems to generate an incorrect value path.

-Have you installed redhat-lsb-core on the CentOS? if not please try

sudo yum install redhat-lsb-core 

Then please run ./LinuxSoLink under ESDK1.3 root directory and ESDK1.3/Elektron-SDK-BinaryPack/ and try your command again?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 1 2

moragodkrit,

after I installed redhat-lsb-core and ran the scripts you mentioned, everything worked like a charm. Thank you.

Ken Wu

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
43 1 2 4

I am trying to build the same package on Fedora 28. It always fails to build, although redhat-lsb-core is installed.

"make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'Elektron-SDK-BinaryPack_dacs_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND', needed by '/home/ayan/tmp/Elektron-SDK-1.3.0.L1.linux/setup/Elektron-SDK-1.3.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Eta/Executables/FED28_64_GCC831/Optimized/authlock'. Stop. make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:3070: Cpp-C/Eta/Applications/Examples/AuthLock/CMakeFiles/authlock.dir/all] Error 2 make: *** [Makefile:84: all] Error 2"

By the way, I am using gcc 8.3.1. Anyone have a luck to build ETA/EMA successfully by following the instructions?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.