Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

How can I get a list of all stock tickers in all exchanges ?

so that I can use this list to get monthly price data of all stocks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiexchanges
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Hello @107352022

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @107352022

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@107352022

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@107352022 I am not sure there is a good way to do this with a desktop Eikon API. You can build lists of instruments with the SCREENER app in Excel.

For more info on using the Screener app see video tutorial titled "Create Data Retrieval Functions using Equity Screener in Excel" available under Eikon main menu - Help - Tutorials and Training.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

To add to the answer by @Zhenya Kovalyov, I cannot help but wonder what might be the purpose of this exercise. The reason I'm curious is that the universe of public companies covered in Eikon is ~65K. If you're looking for all stock tickers on all exchanges, which include non primary issues and cross listings, the universe will swell to ~180K tickers. If you're looking to retrieve even the basic data about the stocks and even if you limit the universe to only the primary issues, it's likely you won't be able to do this through Eikon. Also before you make any attempts to retrieve large amounts of data from Eikon I suggest you verify that your data usage is in compliance with the single user data usage license granted with Eikon. Eikon is a single user product. Any data retrieved from Eikon is for individual user's use only. Any distribution of data retrieved from Eikon, databasing, or use of data in any kind of enterprise or server side application is not permitted under the terms of standard Refinitiv contract. If you need to consume data in bulk or utilize it in enterprise applications, Eikon is not the right product for you. Instead Refinitiv offers a range of enterprise products specifically designed for this type of data usage.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.