question

Upvotes
Accepted
87 10 13 14

Retrieving requestable datatypes per symbol/security type

I am working on a C# app with a service reference to the datastream service. Is there a way to request the available requestable static and timeseries datatypes for a given symbol name (e.g. "<VOD.L>")? Similar to what product.datastream.com offers via the datatype search functionality? If there is no such way based on a specific symbol, a request via its security type (Equities, Commodities, Futures etc.) would be fine as well. We need this to offer a dynamic GUI for the user based on a selected symbol.

datastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
1.1k 3 3 3
@GoGoGroundhog

Hi,

You are correct, I was referring to the "Datatype Search" on the left hand side of the Datastream Navigator.

In this case I would recommend to raise a ticket with our Content Helpdesk

Kind regards,

Monika

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1.1k 3 3 3

@GoGoGroundhog

We don't have such possibility. Only solution would be to use Data types key list from Datastream Navigator: https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/datastream-web-service/dev-tools?type=dev-tools-menu-46831

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
87 10 13 14

Hi Monika, thanks for your answer.

Are you referring to the "Datatype Search" link on the top left of the Datastream Navigator web page? Indeed this gives you the functionality to browse all datatypes per security category in pages of 1000 items (using the "Next" link successively). However, when browsing through the "Equities" datatype list which apparently contains 16931 entries, after 10 pages you will get an error message:

An error occurred when running this search. Details have been logged as entry 19620824.

If this persists and the search term looks sensible, please contact support.

Shall I better report this error elsewhere or can you forward this to the responsible team?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.