question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 3

When a market quote gets lifted or pulled does the RFA API sends us zero bid/ask or just sends blank data ?

Today for the RIC: LCO5500L1 a market quote was briefly visible but then the market disappeared (or whoever showed the market on the exchange, pulled it). However we did not receive a 0 bid/ask quote for that RIC via the RFA API. Can someone please confirm why that wasn't the case ? Or how do we deal with such scenarios. Our application does not want to show a market that does not exist on the exchange anymore. However the RFA API does not send us a zero bid/ask

treprfarfa-apipricingmarket
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@osman.anwar, thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @osman.anwar

As mentioned - the API does not apply any logic to the data / mark fields as blank. The RFA API will pass onto your application what it receives from the server.

If a quote was pulled then surely you would receive a blank instead - sending 0 for BID / ASK would indicate an actual quote of price 0 for BID / ASK ?

Please go ahead and check with the content team for confirmation.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @osman.anwar

Did you receive any updates for that RIC at all - around the time of the above market activity? Is it possible you received blank / empty fields in an update and you discarded the update?

RFA is 'data agnostic' in the sense that it will just send you what it receives from the server - it does not apply any business / market logic etc to the data.

The best approach here is to contact the Helpdesk and create a Content type query. The Content team can check the tick history and determine what was sent and when.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 3

We only process that that is not blank i.e if (!RFA.Common.data.IsBlank)

I would imagine RFA would NOT mark it as blank if it is a 0 bid/ask. In Eikon I can see that the bid/ask is 0

I'll raise it with the content team to see what they say.

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 3

I see thanks - infact I did find a case in which this was discussed reference (06623668)

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.