For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
40 2 3 5

World Check One API giving Unauthorized 401 on server but working on local

Hi,

I am integrating WC1 in my project. It is working fine on my local system. But when i am running the API on server it is giving Unauthorized 401 for start GET Group APi. Is there any reasons of it?

world-checkworld-check-one
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
40 2 3 5

Hi @Mehran.Ahmed Khan

I would like to update that it is working now. We did some server changes and responses are getting as expected. I will let you know if I face any issues.

Thanks for your help and assistance.

I appreciate your effort.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

what are those changes can u pls let me know,for also same issue its working in my local tomcat server but if i deploy in weblogic server its not working 401 error is getting. developed in rest api java

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

@vishwanath.kumar,

Can you provide me the complete request and response headers , screenshot doesn't contain the complete signature , I would like to verify that further.

Thanks,

Mehran Khan

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
40 2 3 5

@Mehran.Ahmed Khan

Here it is :

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

@vishwanath.kumar

I woould like to verify your HMAC signature , can you please state your account name?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
40 2 3 5
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

@vishwanath.kumar

I verified the HMAC generated in your request and is correct that leaves us with the only thing, can you check the signature key ID in the request if it's correct and there are no extra spaces in there?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
40 2 3 5

@Mehran.Ahmed Khan

I have checked it and not sending any extra spaces in signature key ID. The same code is working fine on my local development environment, but not working on server.

Here is my response header :

'GET /v1/groups HTTP/1.1\r\nAuthorization: Signature keyId="3*******************0",algorithm="hmac-sha256",headers="(request-target) host date",signature="5bqUQwyc9jp/UNF4RWNKqOumMFaNdDIylb+JpusKNWU="\r\nDate: Fri, 17 May 2019 12:57:52 GMT\r\nhost: rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com\r\nConnection: close\r\n\r\n'

But not working?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

@vishwanath.kumar

Let's get into a phone call tomorrow and take this discussion forward, let me the best suitable time for you I will send out an invite.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
40 2 3 5

@Mehran.Ahmed Khan

Hi, Can we meet today at 8:00 am PST.

Zoom Meeting Link: https://zoom.us/j/3417320647

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

@vishwanath.kumar

Hi,

Apologies for the delayed response, we are available from 9 AM - 6 PM IST, Mon- Fri.

I guess that will be too early for you, I will be happy to stretch and take a call at 8 am pst today, kindly confirm

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
2.4k 6 5 6

@vishwanath.kumar

Happy to hear that!

Feel free to reach out.

Regards

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
40 2 3 5

@Mehran.Ahmed Khan

I have one question after submitting a screening request({ {protocol}}{ {gateway-host}}{ {gateway-url}}cases/{ {case-system-id}}/screeningRequest) at least how much time it take to give screening result({ {protocol}}{ {gateway-host}}{ {gateway-url}}cases/{ {case-system-id}}/results)? As i am seeing it is giving after 10 seconds.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

@vishwanath.kumar

The screening request mentioned by you above is of the asynchronous screening, so when you place the screen request what the system does is it queues the request for screening as its asynchronous in nature and then screens it.

The response time depends on 3 parameters,

1. The name being screened - if you're screening a common name such as Mohammed, for example, the request would take longer time comparatively as the amount of data returned would be huge.

2. The load capacity of our platform.

3. Time is taken for the request to reach our servers and also the time taken for your systems to get the response.

Ideally, it shouldn't take much but I would suggest you perform adequate testing and derive the behavioural pattern.

Let me know if you need further information

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.