For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
8 12 13 18

NIP and DACS issue after distribution (Elektron Java SDK)

We developed a NIP witgh the Elektron Java SDK.

It publishes into an ADH via the RSSL port.

Everything was working perfectly fine until we launched a "distribute" from our DACS station. We did not change the user entitlement.

After launching this "distribute", we can see from the adhmon that the "dacsPermDenied" is increasing:

zd6pku5.png

From the same adhmon screen, if I use "disconnectChannel : True" to disconnect the NIP, it will reconnect automatically and will be able to publish again.

We don't understand what's wrong. We have no error on the ADH log. And nothing in the NIP logs.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk
zd6pku5.png (38.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @nicolas.roux,

Not able to see the screenshot on my side, it comes up as 403 - forbidden reference.

That's pretty weird, because it's hosted on reuters website. Anyway, do you have access to this URL : https://i.imgur.com/ZD6PkU5.png

Yes, thanks, I have downloaded and inserted the file into the question.

Requires either "Insert Image" or "Insert File".

Everybody should be able to see it now.

Show more comments

@zoya.farberov I think this comment chain should be converted to reply or answers.

Hello @nicolas.roux,

We did not hear from you, have you contacted support, has the issue been resolved otherwise?

Thanks,

-AHS

@nicolas.roux

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

If you have already known an answer, please share your answer, and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @nicolas.roux,

In order for us to better understand the issue you see:

Do you know if all or some of the publisher submits fail? Do you see any failures on the publisher side, exceptions on submit? If not, is it possible to publish only once or twice and see if the number of denials grows correspondingly?

Is the behavior consistently reproducible, i.e. it goes away with the reconnect or restart and reappears on the next dacs distribution?

If it is, is it possible to test with MarketPrice 100 NIP and see if the behavior is consistent between the example provider, if it also gets denied after the distribution?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

What do you mean by "submit"?

Almost all the NIPs failed, but it's a bit random. I didn't do a lot of tests, but I guess it's reproductible. I will try to do more tests.

(There's no error in logs of the NIP)

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @nicolas.roux,

At this point I think the case may need a detailed log and code look- through.

I would set XMLTraceTpStdout true in config in NIProvider, and increase/enable app-specific logging as well, to get visibility into any errors happening.

Would like to recommend to contact the RDC named users within your organization to submit a ticket through Contact Premium Support at

Elektron API area.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @nicolas.roux,

Were you able to enable trace, did the log hold any insight into the issue?

Upvotes
24.8k 54 17 14

Hello @nicolas.roux

This issue requires a detail investigation, please submit a ticket to us through Contact Premium Support page. Please also give me the following information

1. The XML Trace file when the problem occurs. The XML trace file contains incoming/outgoing messages between the API and ADH server. You can enable the EMA Java trace messages by setting <XmlTraceToStdout value="1"/> in the EmaConfig.xml file. Please note that this feature requires EMA Java 1.1.0 and above versions.
  2. The Elektron SDK version that you are using.
  3. The EmaConfig.xml file
  4. The ADH version
icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @nicolas.roux,

Were you able to enable trace and submit a ticket to Premium support?, did the log hold any insight into the issue?

Upvotes
8 12 13 18

Hi, it's too time consuming to troubleshoot. We decided to disable the dacs on the component used for these internal feed.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.