Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 3 1 2

How can I retrieve data from a local Reuters server?

In the excel function RTGet() I can specify the 'Source' in the argument list. I want to do the same in python.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidatart-get
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @martin.becker,

The current Eikon Data APIs for Python presently do not provide streaming data which I believe is what you are interested in?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I just saw that my question has been asked almost 2 years ago (apologies for the duplicate). Is this still something which is planned to be released?

Yes, this is a capability that we definitely plan on introducing.

Upvotes
23 3 1 2

Hello,

I think the Python Eikon Streaming API is not what I am looking for. I need an API (doesn't have to be Python) which offers the same functionality as the Reuters Excel Add-in (RtGet() and RtContribute() functions). Let me give you an example: I calculate some price on my machine and feed that to an internal RIC. I don't see how to do that with the Eikon Data API.

icon clock
10 |1500

@martin.becker

Old threads with accepted answers are not monitored by forum moderators. If you have a new question, always start a new thread.
You're correct in saying that Eikon Data APIs currently do not provide contributions capability. If what you need is to be able to contribute to a RIC defined in ATS server in your Refinitiv Real-Time Distribution System (fka TREP), then my suggestion is that you reach out to the market data department within your company. Your internal market data folks should be able to guide you to the best tools for the job that are approved for use within your organization. Alternatively you may want to check out the article titled "Contributing Data to Refinitiv Real-Time using the Websocket API" on this portal.

Thank you for your reply. Wasn't aware of that. Yep, will do

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.