For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 6 5 8

PriceHistoryExtractionRequest Response

Will the response of PriceHistoryExtraction always return in sorted order (by RIC and trade date) as listed below.

I have posted sample payload of request/response below:

{
  "ExtractionRequest": {
    "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.PriceHistoryExtractionRequest",
    "ContentFieldNames": [
      "RIC",
      "Trade Date",
      "Universal Close Price",
      "Volume"
    ],
    "IdentifierList": {
      "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
      "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
        {
          "IdentifierType": "Ric",
          "Identifier": "SPIB.K"
        },
        {
          "IdentifierType": "Ric",
          "Identifier": "SCHZ.K"
        }
      ]
    },
    "Condition": {
      "AdjustedPrices": false,
      "QueryStartDate": "2019-03-07",
      "QueryEndDate": "2019-03-08"
  	}
  }
}
RIC,Trade Date,Universal Close Price
SPIB.K,2019/03/07,50
SPIB.K,2019/03/08,51
SCHZ.K,2019/03/07,52
SCHZ.K,2019/03/08,53

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssrics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @elvis.fernandez

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@elvis.fernandez,

The price history data request does not have any report options to tweak the sort order of results, be it in the report template creation options or in the On Demand request like the one in your query above.

As far as my experience goes, I have always seen data returned sorted by RIC and date. I believe it is a reasonable assumption to say it will remain this way, it is logical both in a data extraction and delivery perspective.

That said, I will not go as far to say that it will always be so. Programming best practices would suggest coding to handle the data in whatever order it is delivered, but that is an additional investment that has a cost, not necessarily justifiable in the current economic context.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.