Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
73 1 4 6

Receive ticket from responses, wait for 11.0 seconds

Hello.

After today incident with https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/44203/error-code-1404-no-datapoint-found-with-provided-n-1.html I see a bunch of messages like this one in the output:

pyeikon INFO     Receive ticket from responses, wait for 11.0 seconds

Thank you.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@ivan.cherkasov
There were no changes concerning any limits recently. Starting with Ekon Data APIs library for Python v1.0.1 when a request takes more than a few seconds for the backend to process, the backend may reply with this message providing you estimated the time it will take to fulfill the request.These messages are written to pyeikon logger with logging level "INFO". They are for information purposes only and do not affect the result of your request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
73 1 4 6

@Alex Putkov. @pierre.faurel @Zhenya Kovalyov

Please advise if smth. was changed recently regarding the limits in data api? It looks like exactly the same requests that worked before are throttled now.

icon clock
10 |1500

@Alex Putkov. @pierre.faurel @Zhenya Kovalyov I have the same problem here. I am requesting via get_data bond prices up to for years in the past, batching my requests into groups of 100. This worked great until Monday, then it started with "INFO:Receive ticket from responses, wait for 15.0 seconds".

I do not get any error concerning limits, is there any problem on your side or is this throttling somehow related to the number of data points requested?

Thanks

Same issue, getting a lot of "Receive ticket from responses, wait for 15.0 seconds" for past several days; number of RICs didn't change significantly.

@ema.belli93

As stated in the accepted answer on this thread, these messages merely indicate that the backend is still processing your request. These messages are provided for information purpose only. I don't quite see a problem here. If this presents a problem for you, could you please explain?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.