question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 0

Running a Datastream request with more than 50 instruments per request in R Studio

Hi,
I'm tyring to run a static request for a list of stocks in "orig_sample" and get the following error message. Why am I getting this error message - is it because my "orig_sample" contains more than 50 instruments (ie, stock codes)?

static <- mydsws$snapshotRequest(instrument = orig_sample, datatype = c("NAME", "ISIN", "BETA", "ESTAT", "WC07015","INDX" ), requestDate = "0D")
Error requesting data.  HTTP message was: Server error : Internal Server Error : Server error: (500) Internal Server Error
Error in .self$.processSnapshot(format = format, myNumDatatype = myNumDatatype,  : 
  No names to use as column headings in Snapshot.  Items returned for Datatype 1.  Items in Datatype  |
datastream-apidsws-apir-studio
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @jennys

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Contact Monika.Stankovic to answer the follow-up question

<AHS>

Asked expert @James.Bright1 and @paul.bacon

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
1.1k 3 3 3

@jennys

As we discussed offline there is possibility to divide the file for example:

mydsws <- dsws$new()

myData1 <- mydsws$snapshotRequest(instrument = orig_sample[1:50], datatype = c("NAME", "ISIN", "BETA", "ESTAT", "WC07015", "INDX"), requestDate = "0D")

mydsws <- dsws$new()

myData2 <- mydsws$snapshotRequest(instrument = orig_sample[50:76], datatype = c("NAME", "ISIN", "BETA", "ESTAT", "WC07015", "INDX"), requestDate = "0D")

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
0 0 0 0

As far as I understood the pdf-File "DSWS for Desktop - user stats and limits", the wording is "advice" rather than a strict limit for up to 50 instruments. If this is not the case, and it is a limit, is it possible to increase that limit individually?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @Monika.Stankovic

Could you please help the client on this Datastream question?

Hello @Monika.Stankovic,

Could you please advise the client on the follow-up to the original question?

Thanks

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.