question

Upvotes
Accepted
185 6 12 26

is ClearCacheFlag Set only in first part of multi-part refresh?

As per the documentation https://docs-developers.refinitiv.com/1561566794785/48796/Docs/WebDocs/RFA_CPP_RDM_Usage_Guide/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm#href=RFAC_RDMUsageGuide.1.021.html&single=true

I understood from above documentation link that ClearCacheFlag is set only in the first part of multi-part refresh message. I am receiving refresh message in approx 30 parts and every message has clearcacheflag set. Is this an expected behavior ?

Test Case : RIC: BHP.AX, MarketByOrder subscription .

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @mktdata,

Yes, the documentation clearly states that the flag should only be set on the first part of a multi-part solicited refresh. Given there are many providers out there, the one you tested could have set it on all parts. Did you try other RICs and observe the exact same behavior? Even so, I'm not sure how this would affect processing if set on all parts as opposed to only the first part.

Thanks for raising this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
185 6 12 26

@nick.zincone.1 Thanks for Confirming. This is observed for ASX symbols , both marketbyorder and marketbyprice subscriptions.

Affect : Additional processing was needed to clear cache only if its a first message in multi part refresh. If set on all parts , i would end up clearing all the data received in n-1 parts and have only nth part data in my cache . (if refresh is divided into n parts)

Who should i be contacting to correct this behavior ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @mktdata,

You can contact Premium Support.

@nick.zincone.1 i dont see Contact Premium support for my login ? any other way to contact "Premium Support" .

refinitv.png (31.7 KiB)

Hi @mktdata

I understand that you raised a ticket (07710387) via MyRefinitiv and your CS rep contacted Premium support. They advised that as the API is merely passing on whatever it receives from the server you connect to, this issue needs to be researched with either your internal market data team (if you are using TREP) or referred to the ERT in Cloud team as appropriate.

Please continue to liaise with your CS rep on ticket 07710387

Just to be clear, are you observing this on Solicited Refresh or on Unsolicited Refresh?
Just for clarification - the Solicited Refresh is the one you receive after Requesting the instrument i.e. the initial Refresh message(s), Unsolicited is received at some point later in time when the feed wants you to refresh your existing application level cache.

@Umer Nalla solicited and unsolicited both.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.