Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 4 2 6

Way to access IFR New Issue Monitor through Eikon Data API?

I'm trying to programmatically access and get lists of new issuances daily using the Eikon data API with python, but I am not sure if this is possible yet or what type of instrument it would be. Thank you.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apibondsissue
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Take a look at the tutorial titled "News API - New issues in the news".

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for pointing me here. Trying to use the same string as in the tutorial in get_news_headlines

Product:IFREM AND Topic:ISU AND Topic:EUB AND (\"PRICED\" OR \"DEAL\")

gives me the following error:

Error code 500 | Backend error. Failed to deserialize backend response. Expected valid JSON. Error: invalid character 'i' looking for beginning of value.

But just "Product:IFREM" returns articles for me.

Has the query format changed since or is there just an issue? Using Eikon Data API proxy on Mac.

--UPDATE

Removing quotes gives results:

q = "Product:IFREM AND Topic:ISU AND PRICED OR DEAL"

To see how you can deal with quotes in the news query take a look at the answer on this thread.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.