Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
244 15 13 17

Broker EPS estimates without split adjustment in Eikon Data API

I'm trying to retrieve historical broker EPS estimates using the Eikon Data API. My current call is, for example

ek.get_data('C', ['TR.EPSEstValue.brokername', 'TR.EPSEstValue.value'], parameters={'Period':'FY2011', 'SDate':'2009-01-01', 'EDate':'2011-12-31'})

The thing here is that I'm trying to get the EPS value as originally published by the broker. Yet when I retrieve it, I appear instead get the EPS value as split-adjusted to today's date. For example, in the above case, Citi split adjusted 1-for-10 (announced in March 2011 and going ex in May 2011) and yet there's no appreciable change in the data.

Is there any way in the Eikon Data API (or Eikon COM) to get the original, non-split-adjusted EPS predictions? For something like get_timeseries I would use corax='unadjusted' but there's no equivalent in get_data that I can see.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-apidata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I don't believe unadjusted estimates are available anywhere in Eikon. However you may want to verify this with Refinitiv Helpdesk. Helpdesk is the best resource for content search and explanation questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Alex. Sad result if true that the unadjusted data isn't available, but I'll follow up with helpdesk.

Helpdesk confirmed-- no unadjusted version exists anymore.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.