question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 4 3 5

permID for ETFs

Can I use entity search to find permIDs for ETFs? For example, ticker:GLD AND mic:XJSE, does not return any data even though there is a GLDJ.J gold ETF listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange

permid-apiintelligent-tagging-apiopen-permid-apietf
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Johann Lourens

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@Johann Lourens

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

@Johann Lourens

I got a confirmation from the Open PermID team that GLDJ.J is of Commodity ETFs (TRCSAssetClass.mdaas = ETFC) type which is not supported in permid.org.

You can also find all available Quote PermIDs in the quote entity bulk download at https://permid.org/download.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
78.9k 250 52 74

@Johann Lourens

I am unable to search this RIC (GLDJ.J) on the Open PermID website.

Therefore, it seems that this RIC is not in the Open PermID database. I will contact the Open PermID support team for confirmation.

gld.png (21.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you. It is possible to find out if this is a more general feature? As in, no exchange traded products are in permID?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.