For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 2

Garbled data from the RFA

Experienced garbled data when request the MMF <JMMFUNE><JMMFUNF><JMMFUNG> from the RFA since 26 Aug.
Till 23 Aug, the data showed correctly. (not gargled)

API: RFA C++
The API version: RFA 7.6

Please investigate it that Is there any in Illegal characters from this week .

When at the time of introduction, we remember that there was a responsed to use SJIS. (from Reuters)

so Please tell me which character code is correct.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrfa
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@tatmatsu, thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@tatmatsu

The RIC you mentioned seems to be a PAGE data and data type for each ROW is RMTES string.

From your description, it looks like you received the page data as plain text previously and the data feed just change the way to encode data in RMTES format. So if you just print the dataBuffer as a string, you will see garbage and actually it's data encoded with RMTES format. I did a quick test the RIC and found the same result.

In this case, If you are using RFA OMM Interface, you have to use RMTESConverter class to decode the field. You can find the description of the usage from RFA C++ Developer Guide(RFA_DevelopersGuide.pdf) section 8.6 RMTESConverter Usage. I also did a quick test by using the codes from the developer guide with StarterConsumer and get a correct page. You can see a result from my test in attached file _starterconsumer-9420.zip

capture.jpg (145.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@tatmatsu

You should add RMTESConvert to your application codes when it decodes dataBuffer which has dataBuffer type StringRMTESEnum. Anyway, you can contact the Elektron data feed team for the reason that it changes the data format since 26 Aug.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.