For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 3 4 4

Clarification about the synchronous vs Asynchronous screening

hi,

Greetings. Can you suggest me in which scenarios do we need to go with the synchronous screening vs asynchronous screening.

As per my understanding,

synchronous screening useful to fetch the screen results immediately as per the current time. This would be more advantage if the user is able to find out his exact matched screen profile.

Asynchronous screening useful incase if the operator does not find the exact match and providing the time for the world check team to update these details so that the details can be fetched afterwards by referring the case id.

Please confirm whether my understanding is correct or not. Please let me know is there any other scenarios to choose between synchronous vs asynchronous screening.

world-checkworld-check-one
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.2k 8 5 6

@supriyo.m

I am attaching a pdf which clearly outlines the difference between async and sync screening and why do clients prefers one over another.

I would like to mention few pointers on the your understanding of async screening.

"Asynchronous screening useful incase if the operator does not find the exact match and providing the time for the world check team to update these details so that the details can be fetched afterwards by referring the case id."-

---Actually no, result set once generated due to screening using async or sync screening remains fixed in its content. We do not add any more data to it unless the client asks us to by enabling the Ongoing screening functionality on the cases. If the OGS is off in a case, result set remains the same.

Async screening is more of an emulation of the UI functionality where we offer our users an option to "Create a case" and then screen later.

The document attached is an extension of the answer I have posted here.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Synchronous+Screening+VS+Asynchronous+Screening-v2-20190924_142223.pdf

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
23 3 4 4

Thank you for the clarification. This document certainly useful to me.

Have a great day.

icon clock
10 |1500

@supriyo.m

Request you to accept the answer if it answered all your questions. This help our other community members to identify the right answer.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.