question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 1 4 10

How to screen stocks when using DSWS API?

Hi. I wish to find out if there is a way to screen stocks when querying the DSWS using the get_data() Python DSWS API. I can use the Screener expression when using get_data() of Eikon Data API, so just wonder if there is an equivalent screener expression for DSWS API.

I am a Mac user without the Desktop client or Excel plug-in. So, if possible, please provide a solution without using those tools. Thank you,

eikon-data-apidatastream-apidsws-apiscreener
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
1.1k 3 3 3

@YC

There is no equivalent of Eikon API screener for Datastream Web Service. For search and filtering of data we recommend using Datastream Navigator available under Dev. Tools.
We also have static datatype DS.SYMBOLLOOKUP applicable when there is a large number of series descriptions and you want to speed up looking up the matching Datastream series codes, rather than searching for them one at a time in Navigator. It returns the best five matching series from the description entered in the series field. The matches are based on the same search engine that is used in the series suggest/type ahead in the series entry box in the Datastream for Office and Datastream Charting interfaces. This covers all live series for all categories except Economics, Futures and Options, where just the headline series are searched.

Below is example in Soap request for Vodafone:

<GetData  xmlns="http://dsws.datastream.com/client/V1/"> <request xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <DataRequest> <DataTypes> <DSDataType> <Properties i:nil="true"/> <Value>DS.SYMBOLLOOKUP</Value></DSDataType></DataTypes> <Date> <End/> <Frequency/> <Kind>Snapshot</Kind> <Start/></Date> <Instrument> <Properties i:nil="true"/> <Value>Vodafone</Value></Instrument> <Tag i:nil="true"/></DataRequest> <Properties i:nil="true"/>
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.