Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

What is the best value to use for the date/time when a value has been updated/changed? ACTIV_DATE? Using the Get_Data Function

I am populating a data set with historical data and instead of deleting and re-pulling each quarter, i was hoping to only pull any values which have been updated since the previous date I pulled data. I think ACTIV_DATE makes sense based upon the description but looking for input and ideas. Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidate
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Charles.essi

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Charles.essi

ACTIV_DATE is from the "realtime" dataset.

So I think this is not a field you are looking for.

If you are using get_timeseries, you have timestamp in the result dataframe already.

If you are using get_data, it depends on the field you are retrieving the data.

Some of them also provide historical and timestamp.

You can use "Data Item Browser" to check the field parameters.

This Developer Forum is focusing on how to use the API, sample code.

The best way to get support on content fields is to contact the Refinitiv Content Helpdesk.

Here is the URL, https://my.refinitiv.com/

ahs.png (55.4 KiB)
ahs2.png (94.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.