Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
37 7 10 13

How to get LTM value for item TR.TotalRevenue?

I am trying to retrieve data for the company Allianz (RIC: ALVG.DE). In Eikon i can easily find the latest reporting quarterly and semi-annualy and there is also a TTM value of 101.128 as you can see in the below image.

I am trying to retrieve this value using the following command:

ids             = ['ALVG.DE']
fields          = ["TR.TotalRevenue","TR.TotalRevenue.rfperiode","TR.TotalRevenue.date"]
fields_params   = {'SDate':'0D', 'Period':'LTM'}
data1, err1     = ek.get_data(ids,fields,fields_params)

But this returns NaN. What should I modify to get the Trailing Twelve month value of 101.128 that i see in Eikon?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapifundamentals
1574756494547.png (59.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Tulkkas

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

If you have already known an answer, please share your answer, and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Tulkkas

Your code is correct but the data which period is LTM is not available.

I just reconfirm using "Data Item Browser"

You can contact Refinitiv Content Helpdesk to clarify why the data for LTM period is not available at https://my.refinitiv.com/

ahs.png (64.0 KiB)
ahs2.png (81.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

When you say the data is not available, it means not available specifically through the Python API right? Because obviously it is available in Eikon (see my screenshot). Is there a reason why it would not be available only through de API?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.