For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException using Elektron Connect SDK

I got a trial on Elektron Connect APIs/SDK, but there is an exception occurred as below:

Dec 10, 2019 3:08:54 PM com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ChannelCallbackClient reactorChannelEventCallback

warning: loggerMsg

ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient

Severity: Warning

Text: Received ChannelDownReconnecting event on channel Channel

RsslReactor Channel is null

Error Id 0

Internal sysError 0

Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent

Error text Reconnection failed: java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException

loggerMsgEnd

and main code as below, I think the problem should on: config.host("elektron:14002").username("test"), reqMsg.serviceName("ELEKTRON_AD").name("IBM.N"), any help?

public class Consumer
{ 
public static void main(String[] args)
{ 
OmmConsumer consumer = null;
try
{ 
AppClient appClient = new AppClient();

OmmConsumerConfig config = EmaFactory.createOmmConsumerConfig();

consumer = EmaFactory.createOmmConsumer(config.host("elektron:14002").username("test"));

ReqMsg reqMsg = EmaFactory.createReqMsg();

consumer.registerClient(reqMsg.serviceName("ELEKTRON_AD").name("IBM.N").interestAfterRefresh(false), appClient);

Thread.sleep(60000); // API calls onRefreshMsg(), onUpdateMsg() and onStatusMsg()
}
catch (InterruptedException | OmmException excp)
{ 
System.out.println(excp.getMessage());
}
finally
{ 
if (consumer != null) consumer.uninitialize();
}
}
}
elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@yinwh

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@yinwh

Hi,

Please let us know if you have any update on this question.

If it is still an issue, please post again to offer further insight into your question.

Regards,

AHS

@yinwh,

Hi,

Please let us know if you have any update on this question.

Do you have a chance to verify the issue using rmdstestclient?

If it is still an issue, please post again to offer further insight into your question.

Regards,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @yinwh

java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException indicates that EMA Java fails to maps the host name(elektron) to IP address. Please make sure that you put the IP address of elektron to the hosts file on the machine running EMA application.

If you have no permission to modify the hosts file.You can use the IP adress instead of elektron.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Thanks very much for your help, I want to know the IP address and port of elektron, whom should I ask for this, and below included.

config.host("elektron:14002").username("test").password("password") reqMsg.serviceName("ELEKTRON_AD").name("IBM.N")

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @yinwh,

host parameter is the IP address or the name of the host, where your EZD is running. Have you installed Elektron Connect = EZD yourself, or has it been installed by your admin/market data group.

Whoever has installed EC, will have this information.

serviceName for EC should be ELEKTRON_DD by default.

You have to be permissioned for IBM.N in order to request it. As part of trial you usually would not be. Instead, suggesting to try item name JPY=

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hello @zoya.farberov

I installed ezd1.3.0.L6.win.rrg.zip on my personal pc windows 10 edu x64, and got error while EZD sending login messagge in ezd.log.

Could you help to check it. Thanks very much.

trail infos as below (Controller 1 and Handler 1 used while setting up):

Your Connect Order Details

Product : Thomson Reuters Elektron Connect

Elektron Real Time ID (UUID)

Password

Elektron Stream ID (UUID)

Password

Controller 1

0M5wrL)x35$u[I%X

Handler 1

K*;7*1rkABp62}gS

Contoller 2

<=36|UThg2wE0eQ%

Handler 2

5%{la<4VO7D{7Rcl

ezd.log detail:

<DESKTOP-L4JEBSM.1.ezd: Info: Thu Dec 12 15:40:24.098562 2019>

ezd.exe (version ezd1.3.F13) Initialization Start.

<END>

<DESKTOP-L4JEBSM.1.ezd: Info: Thu Dec 12 15:40:24.098660 2019>

The Configuration Database is using the file C:/ThomsonReuters/ezd1.3/config/ezd.cnf .

<END>

<DESKTOP-L4JEBSM.1.ezd: Info: Thu Dec 12 15:40:24.098694 2019>

ezd.exe main thread Using Select Event Notifier.

<END>

<ServerSharedMemory: Info: Thu Dec 12 15:40:24.098970 2019>

Allocated

<END>

<DESKTOP-L4JEBSM.1.ezd: Info: Thu Dec 12 15:40:24.101920 2019>

NO TEXT

<END>

<DESKTOP-L4JEBSM.1.ezd: Info: Thu Dec 12 15:40:24.119143 2019>

Creating login message for EZD persistent channel.

<END>

<DESKTOP-L4JEBSM.1.ezd: Info: Thu Dec 12 15:40:27.316902 2019>

Successfully connected secure socket 764 secureChannel.1 to host emea1-ec-hmds.cp.thomsonreuters.com, component version: ads3.2.2.L1.linux.tis.rrg 64-bit. Secure socket associated with client session EZD. Sending Login message.

<END>

<DESKTOP-L4JEBSM.1.ezd: Warning: Thu Dec 12 15:40:27.741896 2019>

secureChannel.1 EZD persistent controller channel has received a failure message on the LOGIN stream. Error logging into the system.

<END>

<DESKTOP-L4JEBSM.1.ezd: Error: Thu Dec 12 15:40:27.742630 2019>

Disconnecting secure channel secureChannel.1. Reason: Login Denied: Invalid Authentication Token string

<END>

<DESKTOP-L4JEBSM.1.ezd: Info: Thu Dec 12 15:40:27.742670 2019>

EZD controller channel is down. Reconnection attempt in 15 seconds. Retrying all hosts in host list.

<END>

<DESKTOP-L4JEBSM.1.ezd: Info: Thu Dec 12 15:40:27.743183 2019>

Configuration database reloaded from file "C:/ThomsonReuters/ezd1.3/config/ezd.cnf".

<END>

<DESKTOP-L4JEBSM.1.ezd: Info: Thu Dec 12 15:40:42.742647 2019>

Creating login message for EZD persistent channel.

<END>

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @yinwh,

Looks like your EZD is connecting to the endpoint successfully now, and next, login fails, when EZD submits your controller credentials.

Any errors when you run setup, because as I recall, EZD 1.3 requires valid credentials entered on setup, would not even fully complete the setup without the valid credentials?

If in doubt on the installation, or did not succeed, I would remove the installation and re-run setup.

If it has completed successfully, I would try checking the newly generated ezd.cnf in your config folder, that controller data is updated in there. I think in the direction of cases when permissions on folders or rights to modify are not present, ezd.cnf may not have been updated with the controller info.

If in doubt on password being correct, you may run password utility ezd_userlist. File->Open->your user_list.txt file and reset the password.

If these steps do not fail, and you would like us to verify your creds, or take a more in-depth look at your local environment and installation, as a customer, you may open a support ticket via Refinitiv Helpdesk, on product "Thomson Reuters Elektron Connect".

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hello @zoya.farberov

Thanks for your reply. Finally, Ryan.Gong@refinitiv.com helped me setup ezd successfully on my pc(windows 10 edu x64) using another trail account. But I got error using elektron java sdk. Please help.

EZD run successfully:

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

@zoya.farberov

My Code:

try

{

AppClient appClient = new AppClient();

OmmConsumerConfig config = EmaFactory.createOmmConsumerConfig();

consumer = EmaFactory.createOmmConsumer(config.host("localhost:14002").username("gjmetal"));

ReqMsg reqMsg = EmaFactory.createReqMsg();

consumer.registerClient(reqMsg.serviceName("ELEKTRON_DD").name("JPY=").interestAfterRefresh(false), appClient);

Thread.sleep(60000); // API calls onRefreshMsg(), onUpdateMsg() and onStatusMsg()

}

catch (InterruptedException | OmmException excp)

{

System.out.println(excp.getMessage());

}

and exception I got

RDMLogin stream was closed with status message

username ?FGEHAND-NTC-45509K*;7*1rkABp62}gS172.28.113.33/.9468

usernameType 1

State: Closed/Suspect/Internal error from sender - text: "Login Denied:Failed to authenticate:606:Invalid username or password"

icon clock
10 |1500

userList @zoya.farberov

Hello @zoya.farberov

Elektron SDK I used: Elektron-SDK-1.4.0.L1.java and ezd.cnf below:

Hello @yinwh,

Converted your answers to comments, to prevent exposing id on the public forum.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @yinwh,

Let me just confirm, when you have installed EZD, have you had a chancde to verify it with rmdstestclient, the test client that comes with ezd in demo folder, for the purpose of verification of EZD?

If you had a chance to see streaming data with rmdstestcleint, you should be able to request the same user and item from the custom Java app?

If you have not had a chance, woudl suggest not to consider EZD fully configured, until it has been verified with rmdstestclient. With EZD please find included Demo Tools guide that has the complete usage info on rmdstestclient (it's a command line, operations-style tool)

You may find it helpful to refer to the last section of the article How to install and setup Elektron Connect "Verifying The Installtion".

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @yinwh,

Were you able to proceed with rmdstestclient?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.