For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Is there an API for data challenges?

Looking at the REST API ( https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi.Help/Home/RestApiProgrammingSdk ) I could only find programmatic challenges around the AskTRPS service. I am attempting to issue challenges around general data points on DSS/refinitiv (the type that end up as cases ie here: https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/getsupportcases.html ).

Is this functionality already available somehwere?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssapi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@robertkennedy

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @robertkennedy,

Thank you for the explanation of the requirement.

My understanding is that you are looking to programmatically capture and monitor all Refintiv support cases submitted by all your employees to us. No, such capability is not offered by us.

If there are specific questions or concerns of abuse, contact your Refinitiv account manager to help investigate, they will be able to obtain the specific info for you.

To be clear what is provided, every Refinitiv account holder/ your employee can track under their login all the support cases initiated by them. Plus all is tracked via email. This is the intended usage,

If you require to accumulate and monitor this traffic for your organization, two possible enter my mind:

1. Setup your a central repository on your side, and require all employees to track their submitted Refintiiv cases in this repository.

2. All support exchanges are tracked by us via email. By capturing, in your mail gateway rules, all emails to and from our support, at your mail gateway, and you will have the complete monitoring capability.

Do you do this for every major vendor? Then you may wish to design the solution that is consistent across the board, and synergistic with your corporate data warehousing preferences, in my personal opinion, this would be an interesting project... and both approaches discussed, potentially yield themselves to design generalization onto other vendor policies with some modifications per need.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your quick response!

You have precisely described the workflow we use with other major vendors. The main difference in functionality which I am trying to address is that with other vendors we can launch support requests through email. This allows us to keep a small set of central email accounts which teams work out of to progress through support cases.

As you have described, if refinitiv lacks an API or the ability to submit requests through email, then we will need our employees to manually initiate requests from an account with an email in our enumeration, tag which case they are initiating, and from there we can return to the workflow we have with our other data vendors. If refinitiv had the ability for us to initiate support requests through an API or email, this process would be less error prone and exactly the same as our workflow with other vendors. As I said, we will likely figure out a way to automate the process in any event, but there are obvious reasons to prefer a supported workflow.

Perhaps I was too specific asking for an API; if we could initiate support requests through email, as we can with other vendors, that would instantly solve my problem. Is that functionality supported?

Again, thank you

Hello @robertkennedy,

To my best knowledge this is not possible.

You have the two options, of either submitting on my.refinitiv.com or by dialing your local helpdesk number.

Either way, the support request is categorized at the time of your submission into five main categories and assigned to a specific human expert accordingly:

• Product & Content
  • Administration & Billing
  • Share Your Feedback
  • Using My Refinitiv Site
  • Download Center

According to your status as a customer, and area of requirements, you may be permissioned for some, but not other of those submission areas.

If you feel you require the capability to submit by email, you can submit your enhancement suggestion feedback to us via Share Your Feedback option.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @robertkennedy,

DSS API is a programmatic interface, an HTTP REST API for accessing Datascope Select content. The content can be accessed both via API and via GUI.

The cases on My Refinitiv are support cases for when you as a Refinitiv customer have encountered a problem and need support, be it with a Refinitiv product or Refinitiv content. There is no API of submission of such bases, they are never supposed to be submitted in bulk, each is individially initiated by a customer either online on my.refinitiv.com or by dialing your local refinitiv Helpdesk.

Hope this helps, otherwise, please explain what are you trying to achieve?

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks for the quick response @zoya.farberov .

We certainly do not intend to submit bulk support requests to the My Refinitiv portal. However, we do submit so many single requests that we are trying to create a streamlined process for our analysts to submit and monitor those cases.

To this end, we would like to bypass the need for them to go to the Refinitiv website in each case. You can see how such a process, where our analysts initiate a support request through an internal tool which is then forwarded to your support system via the described API, might improve our ability to supply your desks with information and track cases through their lifecycle.

I admit that such frequent use of your support center might be rare for refinitiv customers. If such an endpoint does not exist, we are somewhat optimistic that we might be able to reverse engineer the my.refinitiv.com workflow to achieve the same functionality. However, we can also understand that refinitiv might prefer to direct us through a normalized process so you can attach your own logging and tracking infrastructure.

I hope I have been clear about what we are attempting to achieve.

Thanks!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.