question

Upvotes
Accepted
15 3 8 7

Can I use DatastreamDWSW (python module) in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS ??

Hello, I was wondering how I can use DatastreamDSWS(datastream python module).

I installed DatastreamDSWS on my linux 16.04 LTS (via pip install DatastreamDSWS).
After installing, I imported the DatastreamDSWS. But the same error keeps coming up continuosly(ex. "No module named wincert", and then, "No module named WinDLL from ctypes", etc...)

So, I went through the document about DSWS, but I couldn't find any information about running the DSWS module on Linux.
On Windows OS, I could simply install the DatastreamDSWS via command "pip install DatastreamDSWS".

Q1. if you have any guidelines about installing DatastreamDSWS on linux, I want to recieve that document.
Q2. if there is no set guidelines on this issue, can you please describe in details how I can install DSWS on Linux 16.04 LTS?

datastream-apidsws-apiubuntu
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@sjh0724

It seems to be limitation of the new version 1.0.1 according to the following post

https://github.com/DatastreamDSWS/Datastream/issues/3

You may need to use 1.0.0 as the workaround

pip install DatastreamDSWS==1.0.0

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you so much! I resolved it :)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.