question

Upvotes
Accepted

Could you please add feature to Python refinitiv-dataplatform library to callback to an appliation when Pricing Stream close?

For price streaming, I found that the refinitiv-dataplatform library doesn't call back to app when the stream is closed.

For example, when the account, which is used to login to rdp and request the streaming in first app(1st app), is logged in by another app (2nd app). The stream on 1st app is closed. However, the first app doesn't get any call back for status change. So that, application cannot handle this event to reopen the stream.

I am not sure if I miss something in my implementation, or the feature haven't been implemented. Could you please suggest?

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformrefinitiv-data-platform-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @weerayoot.chaisirithavornkul

I have made the product owner of the library aware of this request.

Thanks.

Upvote
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

This feature is already available in refinitiv-dataplatform library at session API level.
When the stream is closed, on_event session callback should be called with Session.EventCode.StreamDisconnected event code.

If you don't specify on_event callback in session parameters, you don't receive notification.

If you specify it and don't receive notification, we'll investigate further.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes

Thank you @pierre.faurel and @Umer Nalla. It works well.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @weerayoot.chaisirithavornkul

You are welcome and thank you for your getting back and confirming.

Please click the 'Accept' text next to whichever reply you found most helpful. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.