question

Upvotes
Accepted
27 6 5 4

how to access DS.USERSTATS

Hello,

I am using the R Datastream API and I would like to access my user stats to see how much of my allowed data I have accessed. Refinitiv account manager directed me here with this:

"For desktop version, you can create and run reports to check your usage using the mnemonic STATS and datatypes DS.USERSTATS."

I've run this query and it comes up NA:

dsws$snapshotRequest(instrument = 'STATS',
                     datatype   = 'DS.USERSTATS',
                     requestDate = "0D")   

What do I need to do to get my user stats?

Thanks.

datastream-apidsws-apir
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

Asked an Expert.

Hello @Ed_J,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@Ed_J

The snapshotRequest method can also be used to retrieve monthly usage in terms of data points used per month by using STATS as instruments and DS.USERSTATS as data type. Only snapshot requests are supported and by default the current month’s usage stats are returned. Previous months’ data can be returned by simply adding a valid start date in request of any previous month.

Please try this:

myStat <- mydsws$snapshotRequest(instrument = "STATS", 
                                 datatype = "DS.USERSTATS", 
                                 requestDate = Sys.Date())
myStat

1579662258867.png (17.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello,

Thanks for this, however I do not get the same results when running the same script you have provided. I get a data frame with two fields, the instrument and my user like so:

myStat <- dsws$snapshotRequest(instrument = "STATS", 
+                                  datatype = "DS.USERSTATS", 
+                                  requestDate = Sys.Date())
> myStat
  Instrument    User
1      STATS ZIPK00X
> 

What is missing from the code to give me this instead of the dataframe you've indicated?

Thanks,Ed.

@Ed_J

You can use the following code to verify a message in the response.

myStat <- mydsws$snapshotRequest(instrument = "STATS", 
                                 datatype = "DS.USERSTATS", 
                                 requestDate = Sys.Date())

mydsws$getDataResponse()

Hello,

Running this code gives me the same response as before - the instrument and user name. Everything else is NULL.

Ed.

Show more comments

This works for me now, however which of these values is the number of series that I've used? That's what I need to know.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Ed_J

Alternatively, you can refer to DSWS user stats and limits which explains how to create requests to get your use stats via web page.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
78.8k 250 52 74

Refer to the DSWS USER STATS AND LIMITS guide, the result contains the following data types.

Each request is counted toward these data types.

For example, one STATS request counts as:

• 1 Hit
  • 1 Request
  • 7 Data types
  • 7 Data points

1580874584174.png (173.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hello,

How do hits, requests, data types and data points convert into series though? We are billed on Series. Not hits, requests, data types and data points - so this information is of no use unless it can be converted into number of series.

Thanks,
Ed.

Upvotes
681 2 2 1

Hi,

DS.USERSTATS was created for Desktop clients, that are limited to 10 million datapoints per month. Enterprise users are not restricted with their downloads, so this tool does not apply. For usage stats for Enterprise clients, this can be requested by their account manager.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello,

My account manager seems pretty certain that we are limited to 1,000 'series' per month. He also told me that to check how many 'series' we had downloaded we should come to this forum. If there is no way to do this via scripting can you please confirm that so I can go back to the account manager and find a solution.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.