question

Upvotes
Accepted
43 2 6 9

RDP Library connecting to TREP

Hello..

I tried to execute "2.3.0 - Content - StreamingPrices - Update DataFrame". I could data via Eikon and EDP but not from TREP. I just got

<StreamState.Open: 3>

then no updates.

Could you give me a hint to debug the situation?

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformrefinitiv-data-platform-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@kazuhisa.matsuda

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@kazuhisa.matsuda

I got the same message but after adding the correct TCP port, it works.

rdp.open_deployed_platform_session(
    "<app key>",
    "192.168.27.16:15000",
    "user01"
)

15000 is my TREP port for WebSocket.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @kazuhisa.matsuda

You can also try out the alternative examples under Developer Day Resources

These examples use my Session helper class which also outputs session events and status information - which may provide useful information.

In addition to this you can enable logging for the session in case you need additional diagnostics e.g.

mySession = get_session("deployed")
#mySession.set_log_level(6)
mySession.open()

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.