question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 2 1

How do i read a Quote page having dynamic RIC's?

I want to read a Quote Page as is, which is having dynamic RIC's (so can't define RIC's in the app). After getting the Quote data (e.g. MALSURF11) in Python, I want to extract the required data. Is it possible?

eikonpythonrdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Preeti.Gupta

MALSURF11 is a Chain page - containing chains of RIC codes that are associated somehow - thereby allowing to get a list of those associated RICs by following the chain links.

Please see the post below which talks about how to retrieve the data for all the constituent RICs from a chain. It talks about option chains but the technique applies to all chain RICs.

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/53924/how-to-retrieve-option-chain-constituents.html

The above also contains a link to an article on chains which is based on our EMA API but also contains pseudo code and the techniques you could apply using our Websocket API.

The Websocket API is language agnostic - so you can use Python if you wish - in fact most of the tutorials and examples for the Websocket API are Python based.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7 2 2 1

Thanks @Umer Nalla for your prompt reply with the helpful links.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.