question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 2 1

Error message "Access Denied: User req to PE(6319)"

I am trying to access "CLc1" through python application but I am getting Stream State - Closed status in my error log. Further investigation lead to error message "Access Denied: User req to PE(6319)".

Can anyone provide lead for this?

pythonrdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
1580468996149.png (14.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Preeti.Gupta

As per the status message your account/login is not permissioned to access that particular instrument.

For external users, I would recommend they speak to their Refinitiv account representative to discuss getting access to the required data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7 2 2 1

Thanks @Umer Nalla. I have raised a ticket regarding this. So far, as investigated by them it says my account does have all the permissions to access PE6319. Though they are looking further..

Just to point out here, I am able to pull out historical data for PE6319 RIC's. But when I am running my code through rdp library for current data for the same, it is giving me "Access denied" error for RIC's - CLc1, CLFVc1, LCOc1, LCOFVc1, RBc1 etc..

Your insights are indeed helpful.

Regards,

Preeti

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi @Umer Nalla. we are assisting @Preeti.Gupta to check her entitlements and we have verified that she all has access and permissioned to the mentioned RICS. She is just encountering the said Access Denied errors when she is using the API. Any recommendation on how to rectify this issue?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @jaredd.matutina abd @Preeti.Gupta

The RDP library does not check entitlements, nor does it generate status messages - it merely reports the response it gets back from the server. It is the server which performs DACS entitlement check and generates the appropriate status message response.

Therefore, if Preeti is getting "Access Denied: User req to PE(6319)" - then whichever server she is getting the data from does not have the correct DACS profile for Preeti.

One question for Preeti - which I should have checked earlier - are you connecting to ERT in Cloud (which I perhaps wrongly assumed?) or are you requesting the data from an ADS server / Eikon - i.e. are you creating a Platform (ERT in Cloud), Deployed(ADS) or Desktop(Eikon) session?

The reason you can get delayed/historical data but not realtime is because often the delayed/historical data on a streaming feed is free (or incur's lower exchange fees) and is therefore more often included in a users default permissions (Dacs) profile than the realtime stuff.

Upvotes
7 2 2 1

Hi @jaredd.matutina , Yes I am creating Platform session to request the data.

Can we identify the server? or

Can we update permissions in my profile to access the said RIC's ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @jaredd.matutina and @Preeti.Gupta

One other thing to check - Preeti are you using your Machine ID (GE-A-xxxx-x-xxx) or User ID (e.g. Preeti.Gupta@xyz.com). And Jaredd - are you checking the MachineID or UserID entitlements?

Hi @Umer Nalla and @jaredd.matutina

Deleted previous reply:

yes, the login id I am using is GE-A-xxx-x-xx etc

Upvotes
7 2 2 1
Deleted previous reply:

yes, the login id I am using is GE-A-xxx-x-xx etc

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7 2 2 1

Hi @Umer Nalla , Thank you so much for your help and guidance because of that i could get my issue resolved. Though all your replies were the leading points still i was trying to mark one as an answer but i guess there is no provision to accept comments as an answer.

Closing this question here. Thanks once again to all.

icon clock
10 |1500

I have accepted the basic answer above - as this is what will guide most external developers to a solution..

thanks!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.