Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 0 1 1

EMA with variable period

Hello,

I am using python and receive my data via Eikon API.

I want to receive historical EMA datas like 'ema(26,close())'. The 'ema(26,close())' code is working in Eikon Monitor as 'signal(ema(26,close()))'.

I does not see the ema codes in Eikon API - Data Item Browser

Is it possible to receive EMA or other signal datas with different periods from Eikon API?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @osmana

You can try this approach:

df,err = ek.get_data('IBM.N',['TR.PRICECLOSE.date','TR.PRICECLOSE'], {'sdate' :'2019-01-01','edate':'0D'})
df['EMA'] = pd.Series.ewm(df['Price Close'], span=26).mean()
df.tail(10)

ahs.jpg (107.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @marcin.bunkowski,

It seems that the client has further question below. Could you please review the question?

Upvotes
7 0 1 1

Hi @marcin.bunkowski

I know the solution but I’m asking about taking Eikon Monitors signals with python.

Is it possible or not?

Regards

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @osmana

This is currently not possible. This is the similar question you posted before.

The posted answer was not certain. Thank you.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.