question

Upvotes
Accepted
401 21 25 35

Large FTP request being aborted???

"I am a Java developer and have submitted a large FTP request to test our code with the TRTH Data Services API (basically the full 2008 calendar year of reference data for about 300 TWEB RICs). When I checked on the request status this afternoon, I received the following message:

username = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Checking the status of your request: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-RAW_FORMAT_FTP_Full2008-N80404443 Request status: Aborted
Queue position: 0 

Why was this request aborted? I thought the FTP service was supposed to support large scale requests such as this?"

tick-history-rest-apiFTP
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
488 16 20 28
You have requested RAW transactions data for a one whole year and for about 300 RICs. TRTH has a size limit of 15GB for FTP requests and if the resultant data crosses this size limit the result automatically gets aborted. Can you to break the request in smaller chunks, preferably 1 month each, to retrieve the required data.
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.