For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 1 2 2

(ComponentName) Static: (Severity) Information: RSSL_Cons_Connection "Default::Connection_RSSL xxxxx:14002" will be tried in 15000 milliseconds

When i run the project starter consumer after changing the config file, i get this error.

Config changes :

\appId = "ELEKTRON_DD"

\enumDictionaryFilename = "./enumtype.def"

\fieldDictionaryFilename = "./RDMFieldDictionary"

# position to be used for Login

# According to the RDM usage guide: If the server is authenticating with DACS, the consumer application might be required to pass in a valid position.

# ip addr/hostname or ip addr/net

# \position = "MyHostNameWasAddedHer"

\runTimeInSeconds = 0

\service = "DIRECT_FEED"

\session = "Session1"

\userName = "MyUserNameWasAddedHer"

\itemName = "TRI.N"

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrfa
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @RSuryasetty,

StarterConsumer example uses 2 configs, ExampleRFA.cfg and StarterConsumer.cfg, by default

As you are timing out on connection, the first item to check is in ExampleRFA.cfg

\Connections\Connection_RSSL\hostName = "your host"

Try testing via ping from the host where consumer is running to the host as configured, to verify that you are able to resolve the host name exactly as configured.

Would like to recommend reviewing RFA.NET tutorial on RFA configuration for better understanding of how configuration hooks together with the application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
2 1 2 2

Hi @Zoya , Yes i have updated examplerfa.cfg as well. see below.

\Connections\Connection_RSSL\connectionType = "RSSL"

\Connections\Connection_RSSL\rsslPort = "14002"

\Connections\Connection_RSSL\hostName = "AddedMyHostNameHere"

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.