question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

When upgrading the api from RFA 5.1 to RFA 7.6, are any code changes required for this?

hi all, when upgrading the api from RFA 5.1 to RFA 7.6, are there any code changes required for this do you know? or will all functions/calls work as normal?

many thanks

treprfarfa-apiapiupgrading
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@anish.pancholi

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @anish.pancholi

If you are using the RFA Java API, the API package contains API Migration Guide (api_migration.htm) in the Docs\portal folder. It covers how to migrate from each version of the API.

But if you are using RFA C++, you needs to track each version in the migration document as mentioned by my colleague above.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @Wasin Waeosri - I was wondering where the Migration guides were for Java - forgot to check the HTML doc - doh!

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @anish.pancholi

The RFA package should contain RFA Migration pdf files outlining any changes required.

However, since you are going from v5 to v7 I don't believe there will be a document available which covers v5 to v6 nor from v6 to v7.

If you have older copies of the API in your organisation you may be able to track them down.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.