Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
16 1 0 1

R connection refused (port 9000)

I am a daily user of 'eikonapir' and all of a sudden I started to receive the following error on any simple 'get_data' request:

Error in curl::curl_fetch_memory(url, handle = handle) :

Failed to connect to localhost port 9000: Connection refused

I've seen this error here but it seems that the guy had never used the API before, so my case is different. It was working until a couple hours ago!

Can someone help me out on this?

Thanks!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapir
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @rbalestro

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@rbalestro

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@rbalestro

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @rbalestro Please see this post - there is a newer version of the library can you try to update to that - generate an API KEY using the APP KEY app in Eikon and then test again. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
16 1 0 1
Thanks Jason,

It looks like it was some sort of connection bug. It worked after turning off/on my machine (curiously it didn't work with restart - I tried before coming here).

I will update my library though.

Thanks again!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.